Version 1.7.8 Released
Craig Setera — March 16, 2008 @ 1:25 pm — New Releases
Version 1.7.8 of EclipseME has been released. This version is primarily a bug fix release. This will be the last EclipseME release supporting version 3.2 of Eclipse. Upcoming releases will require at least Eclipse 3.3.
The Eclipse Mobile Tools for Java project is in the process of restarting. Motorola has taken leadership and the current plan for the project is to restart using EclipseME as the initial code, building on what is currently available in EclipseME. Assuming that the project is successfully restarted with the EclipseME code, the EclipseME project will eventually fade away. Watch this space for further information over the next couple of months.
In order to use the preprocessing support, it is absolutely necessary that the new installation instructions be followed in order to enable the preprocessing support.
EclipseME requires at least version 3.2 of the Eclipse platform.
Refer to the installation instructions at http://eclipseme.org/docs/installation.html. EclipseME may be installed and updated via the EclipseME Update site as well as via an Eclipse site archive file downloadable from Sourceforge. Point Eclipse at http://eclipseme.org/updates/ to install via the update site. If you encounter issues with EclipseME, please visit http://eclipseme.org/docs/support.html for more information on support options.
This new version includes the following changes:
- Add new empty API jar files for use in preverification and classpaths
- Add new API extension point pointing to skeleton API jar files
- Potential fix for deletion errors during build (Bug 1864870)
- Fix for project selection on Midlet launch configuration dialog (Bug 1849395)
- Handle resources without file extensions in builder resource deltas (Bug 1863415)
- Switch microemulator to using new empty API jar files rather than Java SE API (Bug 1754829)